Kia ora koutou!
It’s that time of year again and the team behind NZ Games Festival is ready to grow!
NZ Games Festival is a rapidly growing event that’s speedrunning its way through the ANZ gaming events circuit. 2020 will be our fifth year – but our small team of party-parrot wielding champions is a few hands short!
We’re looking for a few more enthusiastic can-do folks to join the ranks of our committee for the 2020 festival. If you’ve ever wanted to get involved with the little festival that could, now’s your chance!
- Organisation largely takes place during December 2019 -> March 2020
- Committee members will be part of an informative Slack channel with monthly meetings from early November until the event runs.
- Please note these are volunteer positions, though our directors are happy to offer professional references for committee members.
Have a look over the vacant roles below, and if anything catches your eye, let us know via this handy form!
The deadline for applications is 6pm October 29th.
The Sponsorship Manager will be responsible for sourcing funding, grants and sponsorship for NZGF 2020. This is a critical and long-running role, and would suit someone with previous PR or communications experience. This role will be working closely with the directors for the duration. Due to the nature of working with the local government, the Fundraising Manager must be local to Wellington.
The Sponsorship Manager would be taking ownership of the following responsibilities:
- Contacting and reaching out to sponsors
- Handling the transfer of sponsorship management from other directors where necessary
- Liaising with sponsors
- Executing Sponsor Contracts
- Liaising with the media team and providing them with the sponsorship resources necessary
- Setting budgets for events
- Handling the payment of invoices
- Setting up NZGF as a non-profit
The Festival Showrunner is a new role for NZGF 2020, and is essentially ‘keeper of the things’! This is a role centred around logistics & equipment, which will be light on workload until closer to the time of the event.
The Festival Showrunner would be taking ownership of the following responsibilities:
- Being present at events to run resources for organizers
- Co-ordinating with Conference Showrunner, Event Manager, Festival Liaison, Developer Events Manager, Volunteer Manager, Sponsorship Manager
- Creating and checking inventories with event runners
- Moving equipment, banners and resources between events
- Ensuring that the correct sponsor banners are present at the correct events
- Sourcing resources as briefed by any out of town committee members
- Managing supplied & sourced resources prior to the festival
- Handling NZGF merchandise sales and orders – as coordinated with the Media Team
The Workshop Coordinator will be responsible for organising the game development and programming workshops during the Play by Play Festival week. These workshops are separated into two categories – children/teens (7 to 18 years old) and all ages.
The Workshop Coordinator would be taking ownership of the following responsibilities:
- Brainstorming potential workshop ideas
- Shoulder-tapping potential workshop instructors for both children focused (several) and adult focused (a couple) workshops
- Reaching out to and communicating with venue
- Communicating with the Media Team on how to promote and best get the message out around workshops, and helping create a promotional plan and workshop calendar
- Preparing copy for workshops, as well as organising teacher bios/information for partners and attendees to view
- Communicating with teachers/instructors and making sure reasonable needs are met
- Creating and overseeing signups, communicate if workshops are nearing capacity
- Overseeing execution of the workshop week during the Play by Play Festival
- Liaising with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure there are enough volunteers for each workshop
social media manager
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for the outwards facing profile of the festival, both in the lead up to and during the event in 2020. Our priority is light-hearted, fun engagement with festival goers and potential attendees, and we’re open to any ideas or social media projects the SMM may want to undertake.
The Social Media Manager would be taking ownership of the following responsibilities:
- Mixture of organic and marketing content (exact ratio tbc)
- Full responsibility for organic content
- Marketing content created in tandem with rest of media team
- Co-ordinating with Creative Director to build a social post schedule
- Creating graphics for social posts via pre-built templates in Canva, with support from Media Designer on anything beyond the scope of Canva
- Responding to basic queries via social media and passing more specific queries on to the appropriate committee member
- Identifying & reaching out to online communities to work with for promotion to specific target audiences
- Co-ordinating with Creative Director on audience/community growth & appropriate channels for different marketing messages
we wanna hear from you!
If any of the above sounds like your (game) jam, let us know via this form by 6pm October 29th. If you have any questions or want to know more, feel free to flick us a message on our socials! 🙂
Ngā mihi nui
The NZGF team